What's the MINISTRY STRATEGY of Life Church?
* Read 'Holy Shift' for the history and unique ministry strategy of our church
Narrow the Focus
- WHAT is the mission? Luke 15
- WHO is our mission field? The Lost, Let-Down & Looking.
- Our Vision: Reach the Lost at Any Cost!
LIFE CYCLE of a CHURCH:
Healthy Things Grow
Growing Things Change
Changing Things Challenge
Challenging Things Drive Us Toward God
Trusting God Leads to Obedience
Obeying God Leads to Health
Healthy Things Grow...
- At Life Church, we think STEPS, not PROGRAMS!
- High Tech + High Touch
- Post-COVID World = Strengthen our High Touch
- Our role is to help people take next steps from Crowd to Christ to Core!
Lifers are our CORE.
- What is a LIFER? A Lifer is someone living out the 4 G's of Life Church:
1) GROWTH - I am committed to the GROWTH of my church by INVITING!
2) GROUPS - Watch your faith grow through investing in GROUP relationships with people who want to learn and grow with you.
3) GIFTS - Use your spiritual GIFTS and start volunteering right away -- see the immediate difference you can make by serving on a Team.
4) GENROSITY - See God’s promises fulfilled through your GENEROSITY and take ownership in what God is doing through this ministry.
MORE INFO: LifeChurchMichigan.com/getinvolved
Life Church STRUCTURE
- We are structured for SUCCESS!
- Jesus is the Senior Pastor (1 Peter 5)
- Lead Pastor is the Quarterback (1 Peter 5, Titus 1, 1 Timothy 3)
- Lead Pastor is accountable to Board of Directors
- Accounting Firm is accountable to Board of Directors
- Staff are accountable to Lead Pastor (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1)
- Ministry Interns are accountable to Staff (Paul - Timothy - Titus)
- Lifers are set-up for SUCCESS every Sunday by Staff and Interns (Ephesians 4, 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12)
Process of moving Crowd to Christ to Core: Begin, Belong, Believe
(think steps, not programs!)
"Every heart with Christ is a missionary;
every heart without Christ is a mission field."
(Dick Hillis, missionary to Asia)
D.L. Moody to religious critics:
"I prefer the way I do evangelism to the way you don't."